Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Review: House on Daly

As P and L traveled the globe, I enjoyed an extended stay at House on Daly. I often vacation on Daly in the summer and occasionally on the holidays. During my last stay, I had a few good meals but dinner at the House is always a gamble.

The menu at House on Daly is typical of Philadelphia cuisine. They offer a low-calorie kibble claiming to contain "natural ingredients" (what is that supposed to mean, I always wonder) but turned it down, fearing it contain the same amount of filler and starch common in most lower grade kibbles. Instead, I opted for my favorite triangular kibble topped with fresh scrambled eggs and drizzled with olive oil for my first evening's meal.

The server prepared my eggs well enough but they were rubbed with an ice cube before landing in my dish, presumably to cool them down (as if I would not be wise enough to just wait patiently). The ice cubes gave the eggs a runny texture and the run off seperated with the oil, leaving an unsavory residue in the bottom of my dish. I left the dregs in my bowl to send a message to the chef that her dinner was inproperly prepared but the message was lost when an opportunistic diner licked every last crumb and drop from my dish after I retired to the living room. But that is the subject for another day.

Two snorts of the snoot to House on Daly for this mixed bag of an evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment